Boise Is a Growing Commercial Real Estate Market
Boise Is a Growing Commercial Real Estate Market
For the last few years, Forbes magazine has ranked Boise, Idaho, as one of the fastest growing cities in the United States. As Shannon Robnett Industries (SRI) has made many successful real estate syndication deals in the Boise area, we have also collected information on why this area is booming. Boise boasts the following:
- The year 2020 began with a new record in price gains for Boise. The Boise housing market looked hotter than before with a supply hitting a two year low. The extreme shortage of existing homes and increasing share of new home sales drove prices up.
- A population of more than 730,000 people. (census.gov) Many people think of Idaho as entirely rural and remote. The Boise metro area, however, is quickly growing with many urban advantages while maintaining close ties to nature and rural areas. There’s open land available for ground up, multi-family investment property developments along with an already expanding population to fill them.
- Every year Boise ranks on a slew of top 10 lists. The city has been placed among the best U.S. downtowns, the best city to raise a family, the healthiest, best place to retire, best place to be a doctor, a good spot for yogis and asthmatics, and yes — Boise was even ranked among the top sexually active cities.
- Job growth – With large employers like Amazon in the Treasure Valley, along with some of the state’s largest employers already being Boise-based job growth can sustain the population growth we rely on to support our syndication investments. They are also fast growing when it comes to career and workers partly because of employees working remotely. Read more about it in this article.
- According to the Wall Street Journal, Boise is getting a lot of attention for their housing market, not just locally but nationally.
- Idaho is a business-friendly state regarding taxes. Another way Idaho can sustain job growth is its attractive climate for small and large business expansion. Regulations are minimal, therefore also creating an environment where perfectly legal tax shelter investments are free to grow.
- Want to know more where Idaho really stands out when it comes to health care, education, economy, infrastructure and more? Check out its rankings.
- Why Boise is great place to retire – If you’re a young person looking for a fresh start, or you’re sick of spending your whole paycheck on rent in a big city, check out why Boise is the best place for you.
- Boise is also booming when it comes to wellness, gone are the days for traditional gym and work out videos. In Boise you’ll find a lot of gym and workout varieties.
- For Quarter 1 of 2021, Colliers market report for office spaces, retail, and industrial buildings, shows that Ada County is down in vacancies, up in absorption, and down in most asking rates. Canyon County shows vacancies are down in most areas, absorption is up, and asking rates are up in most areas. It’s obvious to see that, even in the height of the pandemic, the Treasure Valley is booming.
- The valley consistently ranks among the top 10 locations for business and family in the U.S. by the Wall Street Journal, Kiplinger’s and Forbes.
These are some reasons why the Boise metropolitan area will continue to be a real estate investment leader in coming years. (To learn more about the specific types of investments that Shannon Robnett Industries finances, see our home page.
Reasons to Live and Work in Boise
Besides the tangible, numbers-driven benefits of investing in the Treasure Valley, there are plenty of less-tangible factors that contribute to an overall setting where good things are happening for businesses and for individuals in Idaho. These include:
- Outdoor culture. Idahoans love getting outside for hiking, camping, skiing, watersports, and more. We enjoy experiencing all four seasons of Idaho weather.
- Boise State University. Having a four-year university with postgraduate degrees in the city creates ample opportunities for education for the entire community.
- Local arts scene. Boise is large enough to attract big-ticket music talents from Garth Brooks to KISS, but Boise is also small enough to support a burgeoning local music scene at venues like The Knitting Factory. The Boise Art Museum showcases local and traveling artists, and the Idaho Shakespeare Festival puts on a full repertoire of theater every summer.
- Tight-knit community feeling. Boiseans pride themselves on being friendly. We don’t hesitate to smile at or offer help to strangers.
Shannon Robnett Industries (SRI) invests in Boise, Idaho, because we are proud to live in the area and excited to bring our expertise to one of the best areas to invest in real estate in today’s economy. Contact us here to learn more about becoming a real estate syndication partner with SRI & MVE and be one of our investors today!
The Treasure Valley is growing quickly.
Shannon Robnett Industries (SRI) invests in Boise, Idaho, because we are proud to live in the area and excited to bring our expertise to one of the best areas to invest in real estate in today’s economy. Contact us to learn more about becoming a real estate syndication partner with SRI.